Our team is sending 10,000 handwritten thank you notes in 2020. We challenge you to send your own!
When was the last time you thanked someone in a genuine way? We think it does not happen enough.
We have decided to engage gratitude in 2020 - sending 10,000 handwritten thank yous as a business unit.
When was the last time you received a handwritten thank you? When was the last time you sent one? How does it feel to receive one? How does it feel to send one?
We believe written notes are artifacts of gratitude. We see them displayed on desks, tucked away in drawers, memories to be shared for decades. Thank yous are reminders of relationships and celebrate the impact of your life lived.
Need some inspiration? What makes a good life? Data and conventional wisdom point to meaningful relationships as a common path to a happy life. Listen to Robert Waldinger's TEDx talk
1) Click Share and Subscribe to register your email & stay informed. (If you so desire).
2) Set a 2020 goal of thank yous to send. Share that number with others. Buy a roll of stamps and thank you cards.
3) Write a meaningful thank you(s) to anyone in your life. Handwrite the address, lick the envelope.
4) Write www.writtenthankyouchallenge.com on the back of each envelope, (if you so choose) & share with others.
5) Send the note. Take time to walk to the mailbox or drive to the post office. Think about the thank you that you are sending.
6) Complete the Gratitude Survey once or multiple times throughout the year. We will share your examples of gratitude throughout the year, as well as data on the impact of this project at the end of 2020.
7) Challenge others to send thank yous in 2020. Share your goal with them.